Artist Profile - Rikki Fisher
"It's all too rare in the art world to find an artist with both a great aesthetic and an accomplished technique. Mostly, either subject matter or technical ability eclipse one another, sometimes by a wide margin.
To find a practitioner whose masterly technique evokes such a clear and immediate response from the viewer is all too uncommon.
Rikki's work gives one pause. It is that rarest of places where beauty and precision meet"
David Corazza The Channon Galley
International award winning artist Rikki Fisher resides in the Northern Rivers Region of New South Wales, with an arts practice influenced by her passion for wildlife.
Working with a variety of media, much of Rikki's work has focused on the richness of Australian bird life.
She has exhibited widely in the eastern states of Australia and has received a number of awards for her work in various media. In recent times, Rikki has explored the medium of 'scratchboard' to striking effect.
In 2013 Rikki won an International Scratchboard award in the Open category in Vancouver, Canada, taking home the Gold Award – Best in Show. There is only one international scratchboard exhibition and to gain worldwide acclaim is an amazing achievement.
In 2014 Rikki was declared a "Master Scratchboard Artist" by the International Society of Scratchboard Artists (ISSA). One of only 4 “Masters” in Australia and 15 worldwide.
Rikki exhibits at The Channon Gallery, Nimbin Artists Gallery and Blue Knob Hall Gallery in Northern NSW.
Learn more about the artist and her work at Rikki's website, www.rikkifisher.com
Recent Awards 2014 - 2011
• 3rd Annual Scratchboard Exhibition (ISSA) North Carolina, Bronze Award – Master Category
• Cardinia Grand Art Exhibition VIC 1st Prize - Scratchboard Category
• Bentley Art Show NSW 1st Prize - Animal Drawing Category
• 2nd Annual Scratchboard Exhibition (ISSA) Canada Gold Award, Best in Show – Open Category
• The Centre, Beaudesert QLD Highly Commended
• Caldera Art QLD 1st Prize
• Wild Art Award VIC Silver & People’s Choice
• Wildlife @ Discovery ACT Overall Highly Commended
• Rotary Art Show Murwillumbah NSW Highly Commended & People’s Choice
• TURSA Art prize NSW 1st Prize - Domestic Animals and Wildlife Category
• Bentley Art Show NSW Highly Commended - Bird Drawing Category
• Commissions in the media of charcoal, graphite, scratchboard, gouache, oil or acrylic
• “Absolute beginner” art classes for adults
• Scratchboard workshops for small groups, enquiries welcome
International Scratchboard Society Association, USA
Wildlife Art Society of Australasia VIC Australia
Blue Knob Hall Gallery NSW Australia
Nimbin Artists Gallery NSW Australia
Open Studio- by appointment in Nimbin NSW 2480
Phone 0410 340 512
Channon Gallery, 52 Terania Street
The Channon, NSW Australia. Phone (02) 6688 6322
Click here to view Rikki's online gallery