I have always had a love for drawing/painting, winning my first award for a bird drawing, when I was still in Primary school and a member of Victoria's Gould League of Bird Lovers.
In the last 10 years I have become very interested in Botanical Art and have attended many classes with Chris Payne and Michael Gill, Helen Fitzgerald, Susannah Blaxhill and more recently with Noel Ford and Janet Matthews. I am also currently doing an external Botanical Art course with Leonie Norton. Janet has brought me back to birds and I am enjoying this new adventure.
I have also produced some Christmas cards for Wildcare for fundraising, these included possums, wallabies, wombats, echidnas and frogs, all in various antics regarding a Christmas theme.
I also enjoy being a wildlife carer and a keen conservationist, where living on a bush block I can practice everyday.
Experience, awards and teaching
- Wildlife and Botanical Artists Inc - Highly Commended Botanical Art Award 2002
- Wildlife and Botanical Artists Inc - Botanical Art Award 2005
- Wildlife and Botanical Artists Inc - Encouragement Award for Botanical Art 2006
- Queanbeyan Art Society - Commended 2003
- Queanbeyan Art Society - Commended 2004