We are a friendly network of professional and emerging wildlife and botanical artists. The group is based in Canberra, Australia and was established in 1998 as an informal, active group of artists.
We are a non-profit community arts group where artists can meet to support and encourage each other, provide instruction and friendship, and forge links between artists of differing abilities and interests.The group recognises flora and fauna as being sources of inspiration for art. This expression also reflects the bond formed between art and science. We acknowledge and encourage diversity in style, subject matter, and interpretation. Through promotion of the group, its philosophies and activities, we hope to advance an appreciation of our natural heritage within the community.
- Bring artists, scientists and environmentalists together to promote appreciation of our natural wildlife and botanical heritage;
- Establish a supportive and informative regional and national network to nurture emerging and developing artists;
- Strengthen opportunities for professional and established artists in the wildlife and botanical genre to demonstrate and teach skills and techniques for emerging artists;
- Encourage diversity through support of both traditional and contemporary interpretation of wildlife and botanical subjects.
- Our activities include quarterly meetings with guest presenters, quarterly newsletters, field trips, workshops and exhibitions.
- New directions for WABA will focus on building skills for emerging artists and promoting opportunities for established artists to provide classes, tuition and demonstrations of techniques and art skills.
- We will support and encourage artists wishing to lead activities such as field trips and workshops of interest for members.
- Our website will provide information for members on local, regional and international artist networks, workshops, field trips, events and exhibitions.
The committee welcomes active member participation in all activities, and will assist with organisation of events to support member interests
WABA Patron Chrissie Goldrick
Commissions and Tenders
Wildlife and Botanical Artists Inc is an association incorporatedin the ACT. Registration Number: ACT A 04541